Chickpea bolognese with pasta (Vegan)
Most ingredients received in our grocery packs:
1 x 400g cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed well
1 x 400g cartons chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp oil
1 onion, finely chopped
1 large carrot, finely diced
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 tbsp tomato puree
2 cups of pasta (200g)
1. Add oil to a large saucepan and cook the onion and carrot for 8-10 minutes or until beginning to soften and go golden brown.
2. Add some salt, pepper and the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
3. Stir through the tomato puree and chopped tomatoes. Fill the empty tomato tin halfway with water and add, then bring to the boil. (Optional add mixed herbs)
4. Add chickpeas, bring back to boil then turn down and simmer gently for 20-25 minutes, until the sauce is thickened and reduced slightly.
5. Cook the pasta according to pack instructions while the sauce is simmering.
6. Divide pasta by 2 and spoon the chickpea sauce over (optional sprinkle grated cheese on top)
For storage of leftovers and reheating,
please look at the
food safety website.