7 1/2 oz Self Raising Flour
1 1/2 oz Cocoa Powder
1 Tspn Salt
2 Tspn Bicarbonate of Soda
7 egg yolks
5oz Mazola Oil
7 egg whites
1 tspn cream of tartar
9oz of sugar
1 pint of water
4 oz sugar
1 tspn butter
1 tspn rum
1oz cocoa powder
2 tspn gelatin
1. Combine your dry ingredients from step 1: flour,cocoa powder,salt and soda together and sieve twice.
2. Add Step 2 ingredients with Step 1 mixing carefully.
3. On a separate bowl combine ingredients from Step 3 until stiff. Once it’s nicely mixed add the mixtures from 1 and 2.
4. Stir up all of your ingredients in a preferably large bowl.
5. Bake in a fan oven at 140°C for 1 hour and 20 minutes
6. For the topping add in the water, sugar, butter and rum to a small pot and melt on medium heat stirring.
7. Then add in the cocoa powder, cornflour and gelatin to the mix and keep stirring until thickened.
8. Once done add the topping to your cake and enjoy.
If you feel like more chocolate-related recipes we suggest checking out this Easy peasy Chocolate Chip Muffin recipe, recommended by our volunteers.
For storage of leftovers and reheating,
please look at the
food safety website.