Vegetable and Lentil Soup
Using ingredients from grocery boxes delivered
9 May 2020
1 cup of lentil (125g)
1 1/2 litres of veg stock
2 tbsp tomato puree
1 can of chickpeas
1 can of kidney bean
Crusty bread (optional extra)
1. Chop all of your vegetables into small pieces.
2. Heat oil into a pan on medium heat, add the onion, carrots, potatoes and cook for 3 mins or until onions lightly golden
3. Add veg stock, lentils, tomato puree and bring to a boil.
4. Turn down to low heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally (add ¼ cup water if it looks like the dish has no water, leave the lid off if it seems to be too much water) and boil until vegetables soften.
5. Add chickpeas, kidney beans and bring back to boil. Simmer for another 15 minutes on medium heat.
6. Serve with crusty bread and enjoy.
For storage of leftovers and reheating,
please look at the
food safety website.