One-pot Italian rice (Vegan)
Most ingredients received in our grocery packs:
2 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, cut into 8 wedges
2 carrots, cubed
1 garlic clove, crushed
½ cup of long grain / basmati rice (100g)
1 x 400g tin of tomatoes
1 ½ cups of veg stock (1 stock cube)
1. Heat the oil into a pan on medium heat, add the onion and carrots, and cook for 3 mins or until onions lightly golden
2. Tip in the garlic and fry for a min.
3. Stir in the tomatoes, stock and rice. Turn up the heat and bring to the boil.
4. Turn down to low heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally (add ¼ cup water if it looks dish has no water, leave lid of if it seems to be too much water)
5. Serve (optional drizzle pesto over each plate)
For storage of leftovers and reheating,
please look at the
food safety website.