Peach Crumble (Vegetarian)
Most ingredients received in our grocery packs:
1 x can of peaches, sliced
The zest of 1/3 lemon, plus juice
2½ tsps of brown sugar
45g plain flour
20g porridge oat
10g cold butter, grated
1. Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
2. Drain the tin of peaches and reserve the juice.
3. Slice the peaches and add to a deep baking dish. Now scatter over the lemon zest and juice and 1 tsp of brown sugar, then toss everything together.
4. In a bowl, mix together the flour, oats, butter, remaining brown sugar and 1½ tbsp of the reserved peach juice.
5. Mix first with a spoon, then with your fingers, until you have a rough crumbly mixture.
Scatter over the peaches.
6. Bake for 15-20 mins until golden and crunchy on top.
For storage of leftovers and reheating,
please look at the
food safety website.