Potato and onion soup (Vegetarian)
Using ingredients from grocery boxes delivered 1st May 2020
2 tbsp oil
1 onion, sliced
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 ½ cups of cubed potatoes (approx 200g)
1 ½ cups of veg stock (1 stock cube)
½ cup of milk (approx 120ml)
1. Peel the potatoes and cut into chunks.
2. Place potatoes on a baking tray, add half of the oil, salt, pepper and mix well, cover and place into a preheated oven (180c) for around 40 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft and lightly coloured.
3. Meanwhile, add the other 1 tbsp of oil into a pan on medium heat, add onion and garlic. Cook for 10 minutes until soft. Reduce to low heat and cover with a lid. Leave to sweat for a further 20 minutes
4. Add the potatoes from the oven to the onions and stir well.
5. Add the stock with water and bring to boil. Continue to boil for a further 15 minutes until all the vegetables are soft.
6. Remove from the heat and blend with a stick blender until smooth. You can also use a masher and manual break down the potatoes. Or leave everything whole.
7. Add the milk, season with salt and pepper to taste. (optional: sprinkle thinly cut spring onions on top)
For storage of leftovers and reheating,
please look at the
food safety website.