2 cups Sugar
1 cup Butter
2 tbsp Vinegar
¼ cup golden syrup
¼ cup Water
1. Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan.
2. Bring to a boil, stirring until all dissolved, then boil without stirring until the mixture is dark golden.
3. Test by spooning a few drops into a cup of cold water.
4. The toffee is done when it hardens at once into a crisp ball.
5. Take off heat and pour into a flat oiled pan to make a layer about ½ inch thick.
6. When toffee is tepid, score into squares, and when cool break with a hammer and store in an airtight container.
Serves 1.5 pounds
For storage of leftovers and reheating,
please look at the
food safety website.