top of page

Our Story so far

Kinning Park Complex has a long history of education and activism. It is a place that has served its communities and been protected by its communities for over 100 years. Read on to find out about the history of the Kinning Park Complex and how we came to be where we are now. 


1911 - 1916


Petitioned by the Govan School Board in 1911 and designed by Master of Works Samuel Preston, our building was created as an addition to Lambhill Street School that was built in the 1870s (now the adjacent Chester Park Care home) to teach domestic science.

Funders and partners

To play, press and hold the enter key. To stop, release the enter key.

bottom of page